Re: [IPk] I've started the ball rolling

Hi Babs
If you have your consultant's approval there's no reason why you shouldn't go
it alone. I did pretty much that as there was noone on a pump at my clinic
when I got mine. My consultant pretty much said the same thing - he was happy
for me to try it but the onus would be on me. To be honest, with the support
of this list, the Pumping Insulin book, and the people at Minimed or
Disetronic, you should be fine! When I moved to Sheffield I was in the same
situation. My consultant doesn't know much about pumps, so she leaves that
side of things to me, and just checks that I'm OK, does all the usual tests,
and makes sure my Bg levels aren't doing horrible things or that I have any
problems. It all works out very well.
I would say definitely go for it. You will get full training from Minimed and
plenty of backup support, plus you can always ask any questions on here.
Good luck!
Di