Re: [IPk] Return to MDI

I had to return to MDI after 7 years of pumping as my pump (Graseby)failed,
became obsolete and I was wrongly informed that pumps were no longer
manufactured. I found it extremely difficult , my blood sugars were erratic,
basically I had no support from the diabetes team and just had to get on
with it . There was no correlation between my pump doses and MDI. I was
`chasing' good controlwith increasing doses of insulin and consequently put
on loads of weight which made ( and still does as I have never lost it) it
really hard to control my blood sugars . I dare not let my BG go as low as 4
or 5 as it would never stay there but I'd end up with a hypo that seemed to
go on for hours- When I look back it was a nightmare. It is just SO
wonderful to bbe bback on a pump!!! Carmel

type 1 40+ yrs minimed 508 Jan 2001