Re: [IPk] Fwd: Which pump should I buy?

>I would love people to let me know briefly their experiences and which pump
>they are on.

Both pumps (I think) take the same infusion sets, so they hurt the same.
How they hurt: rather differently to injections!  Occasionally there is
a bit of pain, because the cannula (in me) is a bit deep - usually
occurs when holding onto the set securely while pulling the needle out,
and thereby at the same time pushing the needle deeper in.

Then it sometimes feels a little uncomfortable for 2 to 20 minutes.  On
a few occasions, the uncomfortable feeling has persisted, and I have
discovered that the canula is bent.

The only two differences that I know are: the disetronic takes prefilled
cartridges, the minimed doesn't.
And the way they offer you different basal rates differs:
with the minimed, you get three, completely different if you want them.
with the diestronic, you only get one, but you vary it up or down by

You may not even know what kind of basal rate your daughter has normally
at the moment, so if you know whether, with a cold she needs just, say,
20% more basal, at all times - or whether her day-time basal needs
remain the same, but night-time needs go up by 40%.

Hope this helps,

dm 30+, 508 1+, realised she should have had a disetronic 6 months ago.
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)