[IPk] Fwd: Which pump should I buy?

From: email @ redacted
Full-name: Babzwatson
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 14:17:55 EDT
Subject: Which pump should I buy?
To: email @ redacted

After having yet another bad day with Danielle's high blood sugar readings
(HI on the meter for hours and then having to inject some quick-acting
insulin to help bring it down), I am going to buy a pump.  I have a brochure
from Disetronic and I have information about Minimed but I really do not know
which one to go for.  I am fortunate enough to be receiving a tax rebate soon
(believe it or not!) and I can afford to buy the pump but I will be asking
for assistance towards consumables.

Danielle has said that she would like it to be small and she doesn't want it
to hurt.  That's all I have to go on at the moment but we are going away in
August and I would love to have her on a pump by then so that I don't have to
keep saying "No, you can't eat that" and "Wait until snack time".  The most
important thing is that I want her blood sugars to be at a more normal level
rather than sky high or too low as they are at the moment (and have been
since last August).

I would love people to let me know briefly their experiences and which pump
they are on.