From: email @ redacted
Date: Monday, May 27, 2002 08:30:07
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Hypos

bummer ... I had the opposite problem at work a few years back, I was really
badly controlled.
I had major trouble waking in the morning. getting into work on time.
concentrating at work. staying awake at work.
(no the work wasn't that boring ;) )

it ended up having a "formal" meeting with my bosses, fortunately, my MD was
diabetic and they were a great bunch of people who I worked for ne way. I
saw my doctors, explained the problem, but they really didn't say ne thing
to help me. It was just a lot of harder work testing bg and taking
injections that made it better.

I understand how u "change" when u go hypo. i notice myself doing the same.
Perhaps i ought to go back through my mailing list archive and give the
symptoms to some of the people I work with.

Like I said, it depended on my employers, it was a small company, they were
all really understanding and they all helped me.
Other companies would have probably sacked me. Although it didn't seem like
it at the time, it was all to do with my diabetes. I'm on the pump now, my
control is super.

Take care hope it all goes well,