Re: [IPk] Hypos

Hi Donald,

What a mess!  I guess all of us are thinking 'could be me'!

You seem to be making a distinction between 'low' and 'hypo'.  For most
of us, the words mean the same thing (a blood glucose level below 4).
Where do you guess your bg level was?  If you think it was below 4, I
think it might help to say 'I think I was hypoglycaemic' (using the full
word!) rather than 'I think I was low'.  Non-diabetics who know low =
hypo won't mind which, but it will reinforce the fact that it was
medical, not personal to those who don't understand 'low'.  To people
who don't understand 'I was low' means 'I was felling slightly
depressed' - a reason to drink hot chocolate, snap at people who remark
how nice the weather is, and so on - not a reason for being abusive and
not remembering it!

With best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+

In message <email @ redacted>, Donald O' Donnell
<email @ redacted> writes
>Hi there everyone
>Thought I would fill you in on what has been happening to me over the last
>Do you remember I asked for information about how others see us when we went
>through one of our Hypo's.
>Well  I was so embarrassed about this but why I was asking this was because
>I was suspended from work and this was because of things that I did when I
>was almost having a hypo, you know your sugars are low and are low for a
>long time.
>I was shouting at someone and at an other time I was joking with someone and
>not in a nice way.
>I do not remember those occasions or what happened during them times but I
>think I was having low sugars.
>I have been doing a lot of research on the Internet as well as the e-mail I
>sent you all and my works Doctor who is a full supporter of diabetic at work
>also I asked my Diabetic Hospital for some help, and do you know I got no
>answer from them.
>The most help I got was from ip-UK
>I am still on suspension and I am still waiting for the things to get
>rolling at work.
>I don't know what will happen or how I am going to deal with it.
>It was extremely had for me the first few weeks I was blaming myself for
>everything but I know that I have no control with it.
>It shows you how important it is to keep yourself at a normal rate, and how
>important it is that your work knows about your diabetic, well I thought
>mine did.
>I am waiting for something to happen this coming Monday I will keep you
>Regards Donald, sat at home cleaning the flat up every  five to ten minuets,
>waiting for the phone to ring.
>[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/gif]

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)