[IPk] Funding for Insulin Pumps

I first wrote to my Health Authority directly, rather than relying on my
doctor to sort things out mid-September 2000, and heard that they would
fund in December.  I had had doctor approval the previous January
(2000), and it took until the following April (2001) to start.

The Health Authority sent a letter about every six weeks apologising for
the delay, and saying that they were just waiting for the doctor to
confirm my letters.

Doctors are not doctors because they have great fund-raising skills.
Don't wait, or rely on them to get your pump.  You probably have more
time, energy, reason and skills in persuading those who can say 'yes'
than the doctor does.

Best wishes,

Pat

In message <001c01c2034b$6596b000$email @ redacted>, Vic Brooks