Re: [IPk] update on A1c and ketones

At 13:39 23/05/2002 -0700, Abigail wrote:
>( no obvious pattern with protein, alcohol etc)

Sorry to snip so much, but you used a magic word there.

Alcohol. Mmm, alcohol.

I thought this list would be a good place to ask something which I always
feel I can't ask my dietician because I would just get A Hard Stare, or a
meaningless answer.

How do I find out the carb value of alcohol? Specifically, I like a bottle
of Bud every now and again. I actually find that I need about 3 units (I'm
on MDI) to cope with this, but that's through lots of trial and error
(hic). I realise that alcohol lowers BG but if I don't take any insulin I
wake with a high BG. :(  What about red wine? white wine? cider? how do I
find this out without getting disapproved of?

Thanks in advance,

* "2002: A Discworld Odyssey" * August 16th-19th, 2002 *
*  Web: http://www.dwcon.org/ * Email: email @ redacted  *