[IPk] Genetics

My family has absolutely no history of type 1 or 2 diabetes. Yet, when I was 16 I developed type 1.

I remember reading years ago that, children with diabetic parents have a 1/25 chance of developing it.?

So do I have a genetic mutation that means my children will probably get it, or am I a "one off" that will not filter down the gene pool?

As my immune system did not like me producing insulin myself, will the antibodies that killed off parts of my pancreas be given to my children?

Has anyone had second thoughts about having children incase they too develop the condition?