Re: [IPk] Funding - Edinburgh

Susan, I am in the middle of trying to secure funding for my pump. It has
taken a lot of communication between AHA PCG and my MP. I have not seen any
cash yet as the two health authorities are battling out as to who is
responsible for paying. I sent all my receipts since I had my pump to a dept
at the hospital I attend as it sounded from the letter as though I was going
to be reimbursed for everything but have heard nothing since.I also did try
my union but they were not very forthcoming as it is means tested anyway.
As has been said before, if you have no joy with the AHA (or whoever the
relevant department is in Scotland) The MP seems to be the best person to
contact. My first reply from the AHA was that they did not fund appliances
as this might set a precedent!! Since I have written to my MP each reply
seems to quote his name. There are only two pumpers in the clinic I attend
but if numbers increase I don't suppose the hospital will fund too many
patients anyway . It is taking a long time I wrote my first letter in
September 2000 prior to going on the pump in dec 2000 I really did not think
it would be as hard as this as the first pump I had was supplied and paid
fro by the hospital good luck  carmel