[IPk] Funding - Edinburgh

Thanks to Julian and Alison for your replies. I certainly will try
writing to the health board and my MP if that fails.
  I'm not too sure how to pitch my case as I'm in the lucky position of
having never been hospitalised due to my diabetes and I have never had a
severe hypo. The reason I went on the pump was due to very high waking
BGs. Insulatard just didn't last long enough to cover me during the
night. I was also planning a pregnancy so good control was crucial -
hence the pump. My control has improved since I started the pump and the
ability to change basal levels every hour has enabled me to control my
BGs during the night. I only need 0.2 units per hour at 6pm but come 1am
I need 1.0 unit per hour.
I have kept all my blood glucose monitoring diaries since starting the
pump and my HbA1c has improved so that will help me put my case forward.
Any other tactics from those who have been successful at securing
funding would be great. This month I had to spend #168 on supplies and
as a result I am already overdrawn and its a week until pay day! It just
doesn't seem right. So much of our salaries go on tax and NI  -
shouldn't we be getting more from this?
Better stop moaning now and get another glass of wine. After all it is
Saturday night!