Re: [IPk] treating hypoglycaemia

Hi Julian

I think what is said is that you shouldn't use chocolate for a severe hypo.
The fat in the chocolate slows down the absorption of the sugar leaving you
feeling worse for longer.  We often give Sasha chocolate before sports as it
gives a nice slow release.  I wouldn't give chocolate for a hypo, usually
glucose tablets or juice or non diet drinks.  As Sasha has coeliac and cant
have Kit- Kats anymore (a mini Kit-Kat was just enough carbs to  cover a = an
hour in the park or a swimming lesson) she now has a chocolate Fredo Frog (14
or 15
carbs) it just does the trick;-)