[IPk] treating hypoglycaemia

Hi all -

Quite recently there was a discussion about a change in policy from hypostop
to glucagon. I had read in Ragnar Hanas' book, _Insulin-Dependent Diabetes
in Children, Adolescents and Adults_, that glucose can be absorbed only via
the intestinal tract, and none is absorbed through blood vessels in the
cheek. Of course, now that I want the reference, I can't find it! I recall
that the study was done in the early 80s or so.

Can any of our resident physicians or nurses confirm if this is true or not?

Grain is the enemy of the sedentary classes.