[IPk] treating hypoglycaemia

Hi all -

Quite recently there was a discussion about a change in policy from hypostop
to glucagon. I had read in Ragnar Hanas' book, _Insulin-Dependent Diabetes
in Children, Adolescents and Adults_, that glucose can be absorbed only via
the intestinal tract, and none is absorbed through blood vessels in the
cheek. Of course, now that I want the reference, I can't find it! I recall
that the study was done in the early 80s or so.

Can any of our resident physicians or nurses confirm if this is true or not?

Thanks.

elizabeth