Re: [IPk] Caffine-Pepsi Max

>From: "Elizabeth OShea" <email @ redacted>
>To: email @ redacted
>Subject: Re: [IPk] Caffine-Pepsi Max
>Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:11:30 +0000
>
>I'd be worried about all that caffeine! After all, caffeine is a drug,
>which
>we never think about because we use so much of it. It affects the dilation
>of blood vessels (which is why people sometimes get migrane when they try
>stop coffee). Was it you that was having angina-type pains? If so, and if
>you can't go cold turkey, switch to caffeine free diet coke, or diet 7up.
>
>Minerals/soda/pop are not nutritionally sound, although people tend to
>think
>they are when they don't have sugar in them. And as Melissa pointed out,
>they're likely to dehydrate you, which is something to be concerned about
>in
>diabetes.
>

>elizabeth

Thanks Elizabeth

Yes I did moan about chest problems earlier.  After a few tests it turned
out to be Angina.  Though I keep asking my GP if they are wrong and it might
be something else.  I feel to young for that.  However, this Pepsi max thing
was more out of curiosity than anything.  Somebody came up with the idea
that any daily drink with a lot of caffine can really screw your diabetes
up.  Incidently, the person who suggested this is not diabetic themselves
but is "Usually right about most things".

Thanks