Re: [IPk] school from hell (was DLA)

and it
> would be good to hear from a teacher, if one is
> available, to see the 'other
> side'.

In my second year of teaching, I had a girl with
diabetes in one of my classes. Knowing nothing about
diabetes, I was just told "She may need to leave the

The situation here is very different though in that
she was 16 years old and capable of looking after
herself. I was in fact diagnosed a few months later
and found her to be a great source of information!

I should imagine though if a younger child with
diabetes attends a school, more information is given
to staff on what to look out for etc. Certainly
teachers would want to be told everything they can in
order to provide the best care for the child. I think
if I was the parent of a diabetic child I would want
to meet with all the teachers to explain the situation
clearly - but then that's the control freak in me!

Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience