Re: [IPk] mixtard

>The reason I would stay where I am is
>because the diabetes nurse is so nice and Danielle loves her.  I would not
>like to have to introduce her to someone new.

How badly do you think Danielle feels about wetting the bed?  How crap
does she feel with the lows and highs?  If the answer to that is 'it
isn't a lot', or 'nothing, compared with the terror, for her, of meeting
new people', then I'd say, stick with what you've got.

How badly does she take injections - do they terrify her, and even using
the pen is a battle each time?  Or does she breeze through them?  If she
had a choice between taking an anti-bed-wetting injection each evening,
and wetting the bed, which way would she choose?

A compromise might be to see a different doctor at the clinic.

You should also call Social Services and ask about their advocacy
service.  The advocate will help you in your meetings with doctors and

I know you have a lot on, and don't want to make a fuss: but I do think
that this situation is so serious you should do something about it -
even if your daughter's health and happiness are not being damaged,
surely you have better things to do with your time and money than all
that laundry?

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)