Re: [IPk] mixtard ( high before bed, low in evening)

My thoughts exactly echo Abigale's.  If you get no joy from the doctor,
and are not able to get a second opinion due to geography, then you
should try getting a handle on what exactly happens during the night.
You can then experiment by moving the time of the evening injection - it
may be if she eats an hour or so later that you can increase the insulin
and the low will come after breakfast, not before - and you can counter
that with a bigger breakfast, or a smaller morning injection and smaller

On the mix of insulins: the US do it differently: our 40/60 is their
60/40 ....

I believe that mixed inslulins are the work of the devil, and any doctor
prescribing them as the sole form of therapy for a type 1 should take a
long hard look at the state of their soul. They are based on the idea
that injections are the worst part of having diabetes, and that's so far
from the truth that it's in a different country.

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+, off to cook bacon butties ....

In message <001b01c1f983$6cfaeae0$email @ redacted>, Abigail King
<email @ redacted> writes
>If this pattern is consistent why on earth is her mix at least not changed (
>ie more short acting, less long acting such as 60/40 as opposed to 30/70), if
>no one has considered a split evening injection
>A consultant who is ignoring this problem is surely a cause for concern.Surely
>even if he doesn't believe in really tight control for children, it is unfair
>to expect you and Danielle to have to put up with fluctuations between
>symptomatic hyperglycaemia and hypos

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)