Re: [IPk] differing basals ( was difference between pumps)

In message <000a01c1f982$73412b40$email @ redacted>, Abigail King
<email @ redacted> writes
>P at, you mentioned quite markedly differing requirements

The two examples I gave (one of someone with the same pattern, at
different levels, the other with three markedly different patterns) are
both unlike mine which starts at midnight at 0.5, by 10am I'm up to 1.0,
but then thrugh the afternoon it is down to 0.1, before shooting up to
0.8 at 6pm (that is an 800% increase between what goes in before six and
after six, but the time-lag in Humalog actually acting means it's not a
terribly steep curve).

I've done some lotus.123 spreadsheets showing, on my guessed action
rates for Humalog in my body, what insulin is actually active on a half-
hour by half-hour basis.

I find that any activity brings down the rates I need, infection pushes
it up, and adrenaline makes it go crazy ...  Maybe I should play
'celebrating no more excitement in our lives, or take an anti-adrenalin
drug on a regular basis?

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)