[IPk] DLA. An Official Quote

To help clarify this matter I will quote for you one of the tests that the Diability Benefits Ajudication Officer uses when assessing a claim for DLA:  This commonly Applies to Diabetes, Epilepsy and Serious Heart Disorders, though it applies to other things as well: "I need someone with me or someone who I can communicate with to obtain immediate assistance, just in case things go wrong"  I hear some of you say "Well he can communicate with his doctor or call an Ambulance"  Surely it is better for the public purse if a parent or other relative/friend who knows how to deal with the problem can sort it out.  Calling an Ambulance could potentially cost the equivalent of a years DLA and more when you add A&E costs.   I hear what people are saying about those who can easily afford to keep their child safe.  However, in this day and age there is a bigger percentage of folk that want to do the best for their children but do not have the financial means to do so, and through no fau!
lt of their own.