Re: [IPk] RE: DLA

Far from it Julian, my point was that I would have felt a lot worse if I had
thought money was being claimed on my behalf for my"DISABILITY". It was
obligatory to buy expensive "Diabetic" foods in those days we had to travel
to a hospital miles away as our local hospital did not treat diabetic
children. Yes we had a hard time but I certainly was taught take
responsibility for my lifelong condition from an early age.

>From: "Julian Woodley" <email @ redacted>
>To: <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IPk] RE: DLA
>Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 18:42:30 +0100
>Carmel, I don't quite understand your point.  Are you saying that because
>children, we had a hard time, that we should allow similar to happen to our
>children?  I cannot agree with that.  As a parent we have a responsibility
>ensure that the best that is affordable is available to our children when
>comes to health and education.  This is a moral as well as practical duty.
>Therefore if money is
>available to a parent to acheive that then they do have a duty to claim it.
>This money can help towards the purchase of a pump, or attendance at a
>diabetic holiday camp not to mention other expenses that may arise in
>to the diabetes.

Far from it julian,