Re: [IPk] DLA

Hi Julian
I don't want anyone to think I'm saying people shouldn't get DLA if they have
a child with diabetes, just that it's not necessary in all cases.
There is a HUGE difference though between DLA and child benefit. Child
benefit is not awarded on a basis of need, it's awarded to everyone (though
there are lots of people who choose not to claim it because they don't need
the money). DLA is awarded on a specific basis of need. Personally I've
always thought it was stupid that child benefit isn't awarded on a basis of
need either, but that's the way it is.
Di