Re: [IPk] End of the pump dream?

And what we call Actrapid, they call Regular (R).

Most times, when the Americans choose a different term for things than
Europeans, it's just two cultures, but in Diabetes stuff, I wish we'd
follow the Americans lead more, using the generic names rather than
brand ones.

My un-favourite British term is 'bm' meaning 'blood glucose measuring'.
It's twee, it's a euphemism, and it should only ever be used if followed
by the phrase 'other brands are available'.

Best wishes to all

dm30+, 508 1+, pedant for quite a long time.

In message <l03130301b8f86db74508@[]>, John Neale
<email @ redacted> writes
>>Is that the same as Actrapid anyone?
>No Zoe.
>NovoRapid (called Novolog in the US) is made by Novo, but is faster than
>Actrapid, but not as fast as Humalog.

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)