RE: [IPk] pen vs syringe

Hi Abigail

> In a diabetes textbook ( I think one of the authors is
> it actually states that pens aid compliance with
> insulin therapy.
> I find it hard to believe that someone would omit insulin
> opt to stay on a
> regimen that gave them worse control because they would
> otherwise have to
> perfrom more injections with a syringe.

I think it is a personal preference thing again.  I know John
commentated that he preferred a syringe but I must admit I
loved my pen.  I spend a lot of my time in business meetings
and when lunch arrived the bliss of just sliding a pen under
the table as they passed the sandwiches round was perfect.  I
would never have drawn up a syringe in a meeting and it was
rarely convenient to excuse myself from a meeting purely to
find the ladies to have some insulin.

So in answer to your point about would anyone really not take
insulin if they didn't have a pen?  Yes they would and I did,
albeit only on occasions.

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader