[IPk] Increased Basal Rate For Supper

I don't know if anyone else has tried a trick like this, but it seems to work for me.  Everytime I eat a meal that has any kind of potatoe product my Blood shoots up after about four or five hours, even though my basals appear to be okay. Even using an extended bolus doesn't make any real difference.  If I eat anything without potatoe my blood remains within acceptable limits.  I have found that when I eat a potatoe product that if I increase my Basal to 130% for three hours at the time of the meal it keeps everything in trim.  Does anyone else have any similar experiences?