Re: [IPk] End of the pump dream?

In message <004a01c1f0f6$bc551c40$email @ redacted>, Caroline Batistoni
<email @ redacted> writes
>Anyone else had problems like this?
Sorry you are having such an awful time.  Rest assured, if injecting
insulin does not bring down your bgs, the problem is with your body (or
the insulin), not with your pump.

It also sounds as if it's either going to be something fairly temporary,
which will either resolve itself (as chicken pox, pregnancy, a
remembered cortisone injection on Friday, or it will just go, and you'll
never know what it was), or you are going to be trying some new
insulins, or, failing all, back on the pump (I seem to remember that one
of the motivations of pump development was to do something for those who
used hundreds of units a day).

I'm not sure why, 'obviously', they had to take you off the pump, as the
pump isn't the problem. Rather, I think the pump is a new thing for
them, and they'd rather deal with the familiar mdi while trying to get
to the bottom of your problem.

Do let us know what happens -

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+, and I too have a fear of being an in-patient (I don't
think it's an uncommon fear, or an irrational one, for diabetics!).
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)