Re: [IPk] Bg & Ketone Meters

I was under the impression that the ketone strips were now available on
prescription. But even if they are not, I believe that the company
(MediSense) would supply them to users. They have an excellent helpline. I
still have the one box of ketone strips that came with the meter when I first
got mine 9 months ago. Unlike the glucose strips, it is not that often that
one needs to test for ketones.

Both types of strips are individually packaged in foil which are flat similar
to the way plasters are packed. I can easily carry 20+ glucose strips and 5
ketone strips in the meter's case and put this in my shirt pocket when I am
out and about.