Re: [IPk] Anyone who use the D-Tron

Hiya Ingrid,

When you program a bolus, the pump bleeps as you input the amount - you can
set the "unit" from 0.1  upwards, but the pump comes set at the standard 0.5
unit.  Once you have finished, the pump bleeps back the dosage and vibrates
with each bleep - ideal for noisy places! There are several audible signals
which are used for different features, so if you are actually programming
the pump -temp basal rate etc. you will be able to know that the change has
been activated.
The D-tron has 4 buttons - up and down, program and confirm
I agree that the pump is perhaps not the most aesthetically pleasing on
offer, but this is mainly due to the size of the pre-filled cartridges, and
as it will usually be hidden anyway (in a pocket...), it wasn't a major
problem for me. The joy of not having to fill the cartridges far outweighs
any problems with the appearance anyway!!

If you need any more information, give Estelle a ring at Disetronic  +44
02476 531338, and I am sure that she will be happy to send out an
information pack.

Good Luck,