[IPk] Help needed with NICE submission

John Davis runs the pump support group INPUT
<http://www.webshowcase.net/input> He tells me there's some encouraging

The National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) are shortly to give
their official assessment of pump therapy. This means pump therapy in the
UK may officially cease to be an "experimental" treatment option, and
become an approved part of standard diabetes treatment.

John Davis has been closely involved in preparing this NICE assessment, but
he needs our help. He needs as many people as possible who use a pump in
the UK to make a short statement about how pump therapy has affected them.
In particular he'd like to know:

* what it was like before the pump
* what it is like now
* how you are being funded ie privately, or which Health Authority or
Primary Care Group. (this is important to demonstrate "post code
* anything else that you think will prove the point

Please send these statements direct to John:

email: email @ redacted
post: INPUT, 9 Grafton Gardens, Lymington, HANTS SO41 8AS
tel: 01590 677 911
fax: 01590 677 763

These statements will be included with your name in the confidential NICE

He needs them by 8 June.

This is a good chance to help push pump therapy through the bureaucratic
jungle. I hope as many as possible will help.

Thanks -

John Neale
Insulin Pumpers UK administrator

mailto:email @ redacted