Re: [IPk] Is DM one big joke?

I agree with Abigail it seems to me you system is really letting alot of
you down.When i arrived in France with all the info Insuilin pumpers had
given me i thought we'd have to fight for a pump but no the doctor had
already offered her to try a pump many times but before she met me she
knew nothing about what a pump was and to be honest she didnt reily give
a s*** either.I dont know whats happening in other countries but it seems
that England is having a hell of a financing problem for their health
system which is in turn holding back the technology to help people like
us.Here we dont pay a penny every month they delever what you want to you
doorstep.I dont know if you pay tax in england but if you do you all
deserve better and the doctors should get a mighty slap on the rist for
not supporting ye.

                                                The weather here is
brilliant today,too hot for the likes of  an irish man, hope you all have
a nice day.

Yours Sincerely,

Paul & Emily(508 pumper 1month)

>From: "Abigail King" <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: <email @ redacted> >Subject:
[IPk] Is DM one big joke? >Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:58:06 +0100 > >Hilly
>What sort of levels do your BGs run at? >how many hypos do you
experience? >What complications? >What's your HbA1c? >how long have you
had DM? >When was the last time you felt really well? >Name one area of
your life that DM hasn't poked it's ugly little finger into > >Why is
this guy against pumps? does he have anyone on a pump? Why don't you >try
writing to your local MP, local newspaper, national paper, about the
>apalling standard of health care, and explain some statisitcs along with
>your A1c, complications already experienced , evidence from the diabetes
>control and complications trial >I'm getting really mad. This disease
sucks and they're all treating it like >one big joke. how long will it
take you to get a referral elsewhere. Is >moving a possibility? > >This
guy is NOT a nice guy . He is an A--H--- >Would he make jokes if you were
diagnosed with breast cancer, multiple >sclerosis, lost a limb in an