Re: Sticky button syndrome was RE: [IPk] THANKS IRIS

But surely a penfil doesn't have enough insulin in it to fill a syringe
and have enough left over to use in emergencies?

I am probably getting confused!  (Bg 7.7, worry not about the
confusion!)  I thought a penfil had 100 units - and I put 110 units into
the pump - i.e. enough for priming and three days with banquets each
evening.  If I change the set after two days, and eat normally, and
don't have an infection, I end up throwing 50 or so units away.  I'm the
kind of person who fills her car up when it gets to quarter tank.  My
husband fills it when the light comes on.  So I could just use a
penfill.

I'm afraid I don't have the discipline to remember to change the spare
every month (or do you take the spare out of the bag each time you
change your set? - I'm not sure I'd have the discipline to do that,
either - I'd end up grabbing them out of the fridge).

Best wishes,

Pat
(really, someone else should be diabetic, not me - I don't have the
necessary temperament)
In message <005001c0e798$24557740$email @ redacted>, Diana Maynard
<email @ redacted> writes

--