Dear Elizabeth
thanks for your reply yesterday, since i last sent a mail things have gone
from bad to worse, we managed to ascertain that at least Naomi was getting
her basals and then suddenley for no reason at all her pump has completely
died, we have never had an error message or anything throughout the weekend
even though it has played up since saturday morning, i wish it had been a
case of sticky buttons we would have been satisfied with that, but if you
tried to touch any of the buttons the screen filled up with loads of numbers
then went off, this happened if you just very lightly put your fingers over
where the buttons are, and also if you gently rocked the pump in your hand it
went to sleep, (empty screen no sign of life).
part of the problem has been our fault bacause the only insulin we had was
mixtard 50 and humalog, we at least now will get some insulatard or something
like that. what i am most concerned about is the fact that only a few weeks
ago the pump had a fit and went wobbly, i think i will be approaching amt for
a complete replacement pump now as we no longer trust this one.
Having said all this we would not ever consider not having a pump as we think
they are wonderfull and it just goes to show, naomi has never had a high bm
since going on the pump and at this moment she has one of 22, so the pump is
best for good control.
thanks once again