Re: Sticky button syndrome was RE: [IPk] THANKS IRIS

In message <email @ redacted
om>, Elizabeth OShea <email @ redacted> writes
>This is a good opportunity for us all to be reminded that we should always
>have a back up pen or bottle and syringe with us at all times, just in case
>we need it.

I'm glad I didn't see the minimed video until after I'd got my pump,
because it's full of inaccuracies, one being that it frees you up from
carrying around the contents of a small branch of boots.  My kit is now
much bigger...

My pump nurse advised me to ditch my clunky meter and get a pocket one
(which I have done).

The two remaining LARGE culprits are:
ketone sticks.  I want them in little, individual foil packs for when
I'm out and about (the big jar is fine for the bathroom at home). My
pump nurse showed me an alternative, which are in a flatter pack, but
they take longer to 'develop', and it's not _that_ much a better pack.

humalog insulin.  Are all Lilly bottles that size and shape?  The
lipstick-sized Novo ones are much better.  Yes, I could carry around a
pen cartridge, but then I'd have to remember to replace it each month,
and that seems to be an extravagance (I replace the bottle with the 'in
use' bottle when it gets down to too little to use to fill the pump).

Best wishes to all,

(who could, of course, just get a bigger handbag)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)