[IPk] depression

I found a meta analytic review in Diabetes Care (I don't have a website
address or the full article)
The results were that depression and hyperglycaemia are associated and there
is a small but consistent size efffect which was larger on structured
interview rather than self reporting of depressive symptomatology. The paper
concludes that additional studies are needed to establish the direction of
the association  and to determine the effects of depression on long term
course of DM
Most of the other papers seemed to assume a one way relationship with
depression as a cause of poor glycaemic control. One suggested an abnormal
lipid composition in the brain as a cause of depression in  DM, alongside
several othger chronic diseases ( can't remember them)