Re: [IPk] intravenous insulin

When veins are used frequenty, they scar and because of this become
impossible to use presumably if you were DIYing you could run out as the
sites are limited although I have seen drug addicts trying to find veins
in unbelievable places!

>From: John Neale <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re:
[IPk] intravenous insulin >Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 10:41:50 +0200 > > >Oh
, and of course the other problem of iv insulin is that it rapidly pushes
> >potassium from blood into cells. > >Sorry to plague you with questions
Abi :-) but how on earth would the body >know the insulin had come via
the iv route, rather than via a normal >injection? > > >Humalog as far as
I am aware is not licensed for iv use > >I heard people on the US list
saying that they had had Humalog put in their >iv drip. But that sounds
fairly pointless since Humalog is more expensive >and once in the blood
stream Humalog, NovoRapid, Regular, Actrapid, >Velosulin etc all have
similar action profiles. > >John > >-- >mailto:email @ redacted