Re: [IPk] intravenous insulin

>Oh , and of course the other problem of iv insulin is that it rapidly pushes
>potassium from blood into cells.

Sorry to plague you with questions Abi :-) but how on earth would the body
know the insulin had come via the iv route, rather than via a normal

>Humalog as far as I am aware is not licensed for iv use

I heard people on the US list saying that they had had Humalog put in their
iv drip. But that sounds fairly pointless since Humalog is more expensive
and once in the blood stream Humalog, NovoRapid, Regular, Actrapid,
Velosulin etc all have similar action profiles.

mailto:email @ redacted