[IPk] humalog

Humalog as far as I am aware is not licensed for iv use
The main difference betweeeen it and normal soluble insulin such as actrapid
or velosulin is that it is a monomer(single molecule) The others are
hexamers( aggregates of 6 molecules). I think the smaller size and/ or the
fact that it doesn't have to disociate means that it is absorbed into the
circulation more quickly. Once it gets there, therefore presumably it should
be no different to other insulins. The difference as I understand is in the
speed of absorption only. It may be unsuitable for iv use because of buffers
or for some other reason