Re: [IPk] intravenous insulin

Abigail and John:

I agree that the tissue damage/infection risks of injecting oneself
intravenously could be pretty high.  I wonder, though, if the concentration of
normal Humalog might not present a bit of a problem too.  Since it's designed
to go through the subcutaneous layers for a little while--even if for a few
minutes--would it not perhaps cause a shock to one's system to have it in the
bloodstream directly?  Would 1 unit still lower one's bg by the same amount as
if injected in the thigh or abdomen, or would it likely act both quicker and
more effectively?  This is an interesting conversation, especially considering
how many "public sphere" folks I've met who think people with diabetes give
ourselves insulin intravenously.

MelissaGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :