Re: [IPk] things people don't like about their pumps

In message <email @ redacted>, Diana Maynard
<email @ redacted> writes
>I use my left hand to hold the pump, with my thumb holding the door open, and
>right hand to put the reservoir in. Although I can actually do the whole thing
>with one hand (had to when I broke my wrist). I don't need to look at it either
>- I can feel where it goes.
>Maybe it's just a sight problem rather than an actual "it won't fit" problem if
>you don't take the clip off?
Yes - it's a sight problem.  The door causes a shadow, and I don't see
things in shadows (doctors go 'wow!' when they see my laser scars for
the first time - I think that the surgeon put a naked lady there, along
with his signature).

I need a lamp on my dressing table!  I need to see in, because my pump
nurse said I should always get the gradation markings uppermost. I guess
this isn't true.

It's a case of which is more hassle: struggling to see in the shadow,
the one-off effort of getting a lamp, or the moments added to the
routine by taking the clip off (just off - putting in on is an activity
for the tedium of the 5 unit prime).

Best wishes,

(who has just realised what she can do in the 5-unit prime time!  She
can learn a poem by heart, which she has been telling herself to do
since this time last year ... Gawain's Leave-taking ... (you lot didn't
know that I tell Gawain-stories, did you?))

dm 30+, 508 1m+, idiot for a long, long time

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)