Re: [IPk] things people don't like about their pumps

In message <email @ redacted>, Diana Maynard
<email @ redacted> writes
>someone - I think it was Pat? - said that they didn't like having to take the
>clip off to refill the reservoir with the Minimed 508.
>I'm still trying to figure out why you can't do this. I don't have any problem
>getting the reservoir in and out with the clip in place, and I have a 508 too.
>You do have to take the clip off to get the batteries in and out - was that
>what you meant?

Yes, it was me.

I have to take the clip off - if I don't, the door doesn't open enough
to get the syringey thing in.  Maybe it's because I'm left handed, and
need more room to manoeuvre?

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 for one month and counting, latest 2-week average 9.4 (at
the cost of two hypos a day for a few days, as I didn't realise I'd got
better from the bug which I've had since before going on the pump.  What
a difference health makes to basal rates!)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)