Re: [IPk] pumping in hospital

I get the impression that hospitals think that because you don't get
complications from 1 or 2 days of high bg, but rather from 10 or 20 years
of high bg, they don't have to worry about it whilst you are an in-patient.

But what they are clearly overlooking is that a high or low bg puts stress
on the body and prevents you getting better quickly. If I can keep my bg in
range when I have flu, I seem to get better much much faster.

Susan - going back to your original tale, I think it is absolutely
disgraceful the way you were treated. How dare they. I also encorage you to
submit a formal complaint to the highest authorities. If nothing else, it
will alert them to problems in the system, and reduce the chance of this
happening to the next person.

mailto:email @ redacted