[IPk] Problem with remote

Dear All,

I am struggling to get my remote to work.  I freely acknowledge that I
don't get on too well with technology!  So I got my friend, who is a
qualified electrical engineer, and currently designing a new remote car
door thingy for very big shiny cars, to re-install it.  It still doesn't

What happens: I press the 'act' button, and it (eventually) activates
(green twinkly light.  The light stops when I release the 'act' button.
I then press the bolus button (quickly, slowly, medium, or very very
slowly).  I've also tried not releasing the 'act' button, and pressing
the 'bolus' button.  But nothing happens.

Do I have a duff remote, or am I missing something basic?

Best wishes to all,

DM 30+ years, pumper with a 508 1 month+

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)