[IPk] re: pumping in hospital

I too have had similar bad experiences of diabetes care in hopsital, though I
hven't been in since I've had my pump.

Classic examples like the nurse testing me at 2 mmol/l, and then not "being
allowed to alter the rate of the glucose or insulin drip" until she'd checked
with the doctor - which took 3 hours!!!

Oh, and being told not to take my long-acting insulin the  night before
the operation, but they wouldn't start me on the drip till the morning of
the operation........they didn't seem to care about the fact that I wouldn't
get any insulin all through the night!