[IPk] Re: Which Pump?

Hello Linda,

I have read a lot of the posts in response to your e-mail and would like to
add my bit as a Disetronic D-tron user.  The D-tron is the new pump, with
additional features:
  a.. It uses prefilled 3ml pen cartridges - MAJOR ADVANTAGE
  b.. It retains records and can be downloaded into a PC
  c.. There are 2 basal rates, so you can swap between them if you need to -I
think this would be ideal for someone who has a fairly energetic lifestyle, as
one could be used for high output days, and the other for "lazy" days.
  d.. Temporary basal rates can be set for up to 24 hours
  e.. Alarms are signalled by beeps and vibrations.
  f.. Different beep tones used for different reasons - alarms and
The best way to find out which pump suits is to try them - I would recommend
that your son looks at the different carrying cases available too - I spent
months carrying my pump in my bra, and once I had a clip case, found life much

Have fun!

Kate Clapham