[IPk] which pump?

I am still searching for info on pumps for my 16 year old son and would welcome some advice from any of you regarding "the best" pump.  Do people normally have trials from both manufacturers or do you just have to pick one and stick with it?  Are there any features on either type which are better/worse or problems which seem to occur more with one make than the other? Are there more problems with the infusion sets with one or the other? (bearing in mind we are talking about a very energetic lifestyle featuring plenty of sport, swimming etc).  Also can anyone recommend the best books to read for info. (I see there are several available.) Any help much appreciated as my son's diabetic nurse has only a very vague knowledge of the subject and another one in the area who I talked to said that people should "just get their control right and not bother looking for new things all the time".!Many thanks for any info.
Linda Hine