Re: [IPk] Pump results

Dear All,

Prompted by Audrey's good news (congratulations!), I thought I'd add

I started the pump on 9th April 2001.  At that point my monthly average
was 12.5.  This is incredibly low for me - Averages usually run from the
odd high 12 to the low 16s.  During the month I've been on the pump, the
month average has been dropping fairly steadily - now down to 11.4.
This is despite having for the whole of this time, first a bad cold, and
now an inflamed and spasmatic lungs. Having the challenge of four days
of a science fiction convention in the first week.  The stress of
putting up an exhibition.  The stress of trying _again_ to rewrite
Chapter one of my thesis.  My life is typically full of the things which
I was taught a diabetic should avoid ... but this past month has been
worse than usual.

There have been days when I've thought 'what the XXX is going on', but
mostly, I can know what's what.  And I wouldn't say that I have sorted
out my basals yet.  But if this is as good as it gets - wow! I won't ask
for more.

Pat Reynolds
IDDM 31 years, Minimed 508 pumper 1 month

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)