Re: SV: [IPk] altered basal requirements ? seasonal phenomenon

>I experience a bit of the same thing. During the late autumn and winter I need
>more insulin then I do during spring and summer.
>I assume it has something to do with the lack of daylight in the winter. It
>makes me more passiv and "slow".
>I know some people who have more dificulties in some particular months than
>others. Guess it's an YMMV thing... And I don't know what's causing it.

Hi Ingrid -

Yes - Novo reckon they sell far more insulin in winter than summer... which
is a very practical demonstration of the seasonal variations. And I don't
personally believe it is just that we are more active in summer - I tend to
hide in doors away from the sun in summer, and I'm out and about all
winter. Probably more a hormonal thing.

mailto:email @ redacted