[IPk] altered basal requirements ? seasonal phenomenon

About 2 months ago, my basal requirements went up quite substantially
especially late am/ early pm and also late evenings. It seemed to be a
particularly cold, dark windy March. I tried to step up the physical
activity and eat more healthily, but it was something over which I had no
direct control. I seem to remember a similar thing happening at this time of
year before, when on MDI
At the begining of the week I woke up at 2am with a hypo ( a rarity since
being on the pump) and since then have been persistently low ie hypos 2 or3
times a day despite gradually cutting basals ( I've now reduced from 17.2 to
12.8 and hope I get the desired results  and that this reduced requirement
lasts for a while- otherwise I'll be kicking myself for not just using the
temperary decrease feature  and putting up with the 4 hourly beeps at 3 or 4
I'm sure that the above is due to some variation in the weather, or number
of daylight hours and would be very interested to hear of others who
experience similar