Re: [IPk] GlucoWatch

Also the gluco-watch appears to gine instant readout whereas with the
sensor you have to wait for three days until the results are downloaded!
I an#m supposed to be having a trial of one soon and was first told about
it four months ago! Carmel

email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: [IPk] GlucoWatch
>Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 12:12:59 +0200 > >Does anyone know anything about
the release of the new GlucoWatch >Biographer in the UK? >
>http://www.glucowatch.com/uk > >Website suggests it's currently on
limited release, whilst they prepare the >ground. Anyone know what
clinics have access to it? > >Essentially it is a wrist watch with a
sticky sensor on the back. You wear >it for 12 hours, and it silently
takes a reading every 20 minutes. If you >wear it overnight, the
following morning you can look back over that >night's readings. > >Seems
this would be perfect for checking the overnight basal... It would
>easily spot any sudden drops or rises, and since you are now in
possession >of the necessary info you can tweak your basals accordingly.
The MiniMed >continuous glucose monitor is ok, but you've got this bloody
great dangling >piece of equipment in your pocket, and a sensor stuck
into your skin, and >only clinics can use them. Whereas the GlucoWatch
appears to be something >you can buy yourself, and use whenever you want
to. Unless I am mistaken... > >GlucoWatch UK helpline: 0800 028 5256 >