[IPk] Bad treatment by school of new pump user

My son is 12 years old and has been on the pump for 5 weeks now.  He looks the
best he has for years and feels great, he is thoroughly enjoying the freedom
the pump has given him and the fact he can eat what he wants when he wants.
He feels, he says like he has found a mini cure.  We are delighted for him- or
should be.  There is a downside to this fantastic pump - his school.  They
have banned him from doing any form of physical activity, despite my
assurances and those of the DSN.  I have been to the school to see the Head of
Year on three occasions and been assured there is not now a problem and that
my son will be allowed to do PE.  Each week for four weeks he has gone into PE
changed and been told, not diplomatically, that it is not safe for him to do
PE with a canula in his stomach.

The consequences of the above has been that my son didnt arrive at school last
Friday and the police had to be called in along with numerous friends and
security guards searching for him.  WHY?  He has in his words been made to
feel like a freak and not normal any more and he couldnt stand everyone
looking at him as if he had something wrong with him.  How badly the ignorance
of a few people can impact another.  The school, hopefully, will begin to
change their minds now they have been made to realise the consequences of
their actions and how badly they have handled the whole situation - Lets hope
so for the next lucky child who gets to use this wonderful piece of equipment
and they should enjoy the freedom from injections and strict regime normally
imposed on diabetics