[IPk] Odd morning highs

In message <003901c0d193$6b4d4e40$email @ redacted>, Zoe
<email @ redacted> writes
>Lastly (sorry) does anyone have any thoughts on my puzzling morning readings
>? If I go to bed slightly high (bg 9-11) then I wake up with a similar
>result. However if I go to bed on a good bg (4-7) then I wake up anywhere
>between 12 and 20! Of course I have considered night time hypos and rebound
>sugars but whenever I test in the middle of the night I never seem to be low
>at all. If hypos were to blame what should I be doing to solve the problem?
>(Sylvia has raised the morning basals a tiny bit but the problem remains).

Have you measured all through the night?  Not on the same night (because
being awake does stuff to your body, and because you have a life to live
the following day).

For example, my nurse started me off with always testing at midnight,
3am and 6am.  I am getting staggeringly good results on the
modifications done so far, so I'm not looking any closer at the moment.
But if I could always predict what I was going to be at 3am, but not at
6am, I'd start looking at what was happening at 4am and 5am - to see
where 'slippage' starts.

If I couldn't predict what it would be at 3am, then I'd start looking
backwards, at 1am and 2am.

So: is your pattern 6 - 6 - 12/20
or 6 - 12/20 - 12/20?

That will at least cut down the number of hours you need to look at!

Best wishes

(who is wondering what is in moules mariniers - I thought it was cream
and white wine, and took no bolus ... bg 3 hours later it was 19.  Oh
dear.  Maybe I miss-guessed the bread.  I guess I will have to force
myself to eat moules regularly until I can calculate the bolus
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)